Check out our checklist below of things you need to do before moving out:
- Make sure your room is clean, vacuumed and dusted
- Remove all pictures/posters from the wall without causing any damage
- Take all rubbish to the waste bins outside
- Make sure all of the furniture is undamaged and in the same place as you found it when you arrived
- Remove all of your belongings and food from the kitchen, including food in the fridge and freezer
- Clean all communal areas, including kitchens
- Make sure your window is closed before leaving
- Lock your bedroom door when you leave
- Make sure that you have vacated your room by 9.30am at the end of your contract
- You can donate any unwanted items to the British Heart Foundation in the big red bins (non-perishable items)
- Look out for British Red Cross collections towards the end of term
- Return your room key to the Oadby Student Village Reception. If you do not return your key, you will incur an additional charge of £30.00
Thank you for staying with us in accommodation, we hope you have a safe journey home. If you need to contact us in future please call the accommodation office on 0116 252 2428.
Let us know your thoughts about your accommodation in the National Student Housing Survey and you could win £500, plus a range of other prizes!
Support is Still Available
We hope you have enjoyed living with us here in Oadby Student Village and we wish you the best of luck with the rest of your studies here at the University of Leicester. If you need any help or advice, remember to you have access to a wide range of support services:
Student Services Centre
Central point for information and advice for all students. If you need support with your mental health or need someone to talk to, help with finances and budgeting, advice about personal issues, Visa and Immigration advice, careers guidance and support, or student ID cards, letters and documents. Located in the Charles Wilson Building.
Monday to Thursday 8.30am-6.30pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Except during University Closures over Christmas and Easter periods
t: +44 (0)116 252 2448
Students' Union Advice Service
This is an independent, free advice service run by the Students’ Union that focuses on academic, housing and signposting support. Monday to Friday 10am-4pm. Located on the first floor of Percy Gee Building.
Open 10.00am – 4.00pm throughout the year (excluding bank holidays and University closure days)
You are able to let us know about something that has happened to you or someone you know, either anonymously or by leaving your contact email, by answering the questions on our online, anonymous reporting system: https://reportandsupport.le.ac.uk
Provide advice on financial issues, immigration, housing, leaving care, childcare, benefits, personal issues and changes of circumstance.
Open 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Counselling and Wellbeing (Mental Health Services)
The Student Counselling and Wellbeing Service offers appointments for emotional and mental wellbeing. They offer booked sessions with trained practitioners, ideal for short-term support.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Provide support on main campus. Open 24/7.
t: 0116 252 2023 / Emergencies: 0116 252 2888
- Read Next
- Make Your Room Your Home Support Available to You Win a Treat with Hall Points A National Award for One of Our RAs Smoothie Night Escape OSV! Events This Month in Oadby Student Village Get Gaming! - Video Games Night Coffee Night Moving out of halls? How to...Be the BEST neighbour Dealing with Homesickness in Halls
- Moving Out? A National Award for One of Our RAs Moving to Leicester? Top Spots to Visit! Escape OSV! Meet the Team - Oadby Student Village!