It's time to start getting your things together, tidying your room and packing up to move out...
Moving out of halls can be a stressful and emotional time, so we're going to help you the best we can!
To make sure you avoid any additional cleaning charges, we have all the hacks you need to leave your accommodation clean and tidy:
- Leave your bedroom spotless
This is pretty obvious BUT make sure all surfaces are wiped down, the floor is vacuumed/mopped and that anything that was issued to you at the start of your stay is left clearly visible in the right place.
- Blow dry any stickers
When removing pictures and posters, be very careful that you don't leave any marks! If you used any adhesive stickers, use a hairdryer to warm up the adhesive before you pull it off to make them easier to remove.
- Plan a team tidy up
It's a good idea to plan with your flatmates how (and when) you'll tackle your communal areas. Some people may be leaving earlier than others and you don't want to be the one left to clean everything on your own, right?
- Don't leave anything behind
Make sure the fridge/freezer is cleared out, as well as all your bins and personal items. You don't want to leave rubbish behind and get charged for something as silly as forgetting to take a bin out.
- Give your microwave some TLC
We all hate doing it but if you want to save a few extra quid, it's got to be done! The easiest way to get rid of the food splatters is by putting a bowl of half water and half vinegar in the microwave for 5 minutes. The steam breaks down the dirt so all you have to do is wipe it down.
- Have you drained the drains?
There's a pretty high chance you haven't done this or even thought about it, so just combine baking soda and vinegar and pour it down your drain. Leave it for about an hour or more and then flush it down with hot water - easy!
If you want to really go for it, here are some serious cleaning quick-fixes:
- Toothpaste is handy when it comes to polishing a mirror and keeping your trainers nice and clean!
- Have you used a sock as a mop before? Get yourself an old (non-wooly) pair, spray some floor cleaner and dance around. Nobody said cleaning had to be a chore...
- If you've got any Coca-Cola lying around, use it to clean the toilet. Just simply pour and flush!
- Did you know you can make a dustpan from an old milk bottle? See how you get on - you're saving money and recycling.