Heading home for the Christmas break?
We hope you have enjoyed your first term in your accommodation and that you are looking forward to the Christmas break!
We want to remind you that unless your contract is ending, you do not need to move your belongings out of your room over the holiday period.
If you are going away over the Christmas break, make sure you leave your accommodation clean and secure whilst you're away:
- Make sure your room is clean, vacuumed and dusted
- Take all rubbish to the waste bins outside
- Remove all perishable food from the kitchen, including food in the fridge and freezer
- Clean all communal areas, including kitchens
- You can donate any unwanted items to the British Heart Foundation in the big red bins (non-perishable items)
- Look out for British Red Cross collections
- Collect all of your post from reception
- Make sure your window is closed before leaving
- Lock your bedroom door when you leave
Have a safe journey home and enjoy the Christmas break!
We look forward to seeing you in 2018!
- Read Next
- Top Tips: Cleaning Leaving halls for Christmas? Make Your Room Your Home Household appliances 101 Not going home for Christmas? We've got you!
- Advice from a graduate: Wellbeing Meet the Team - Oadby Student Village! The Oadby Shuttle Bus- Term Two passes now available Household appliances 101 Follow us on social media!