Exams Tips from Residence Life
We're all back from Easter but the exam period will soon be upon us! Luckily your Residence Life team has put together some top tips and sources of support over the exam period.
Our top tips for exams:
- Make a revision timetable
20-30 minute spells of revision work best, make sure you schedule in time for regular breaks of 5-10 minutes and then a longer break every couple of hours. Don't spend more time making the timetable than actually revising!
- Find a quiet space
Find somewhere you won't be interrupted, be it your bedroom or one of the study spaces on campus. Don't forget about the study spaces in Oadby Student Village if you live there!
- Reward yourself
You need breaks too!! Find the right balance between study and leisure if you want to do your best. Meet up with friends, go shopping, have a healthy meal, whatever you enjoy and find relaxing.
- Practise makes perfect
Test yourself using past papers or example exam questions set by your tutors on BlackBoard. You'll find that many lecturers may also include example exam questions at the end of their lectures or tutorials.
Getting Support During The Exam Period
There are several sources of support that may be useful to you over the exam period:
Students' Union Advice Service
- Free, confidential, academic advice
- They also provide advice on other matters such as mitigating circumstances, housing, finances and mental health
Located upstairs in the Students' Union, 10:00 to 16:00
0116 223 1132
Student Services Centre
- Central point for information and advice for all students
- If you need support with your mental health or need someone to talk to, help with finances and budgeting, advice about personal issues, Visa and Immigration advice, careers guidance and support, or student ID cards, letters and documents
Located in the Charles Wilson Building. In term-time opening hours are 8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fridays. Vacations opening hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
0116 252 2448
- If you experience any problems affecting your revision, such as noise complaints in halls, let us know
- We can also provide ongoing support with any issues you might be having or signpost you to other services at the university if you're not sure where to go
Oadby Student Village Reception (John Foster Hall) and City Living Reception (Nixon Court) are open 24/7.
Oadby Student Village: 0116 223 1493
City Living: 0116 223 1485
- Read Next
- Breakfast for Champions Make the Most of University Study Spaces Make Your Room Your Home Oadby Summerfest! Things to do in Leicester Win a Treat with Hall Points Let's Get Cooking Pilates Session Gin Tasting! Coffee Night Events This Month in Oadby Student Village Escape OSV! Air Hockey Tournament
- Oadby Summerfest! Events This Month in Oadby Student Village Exams Tips from Residence Life Gin Tasting! Breakfast for Champions