Drop and Go information
We have introduced a new Drop and Go system for UK-based students that will run all summer. You can pre-book a slot to bring items for your room before term starts, so moving in will be a lot quicker, simpler – and safer.
You’ll be able to pick up your key, bring up as many of your non-perishable belongings as you want and start setting up your room ready for September free of charge!
There are a few key points you should be aware of:
- Keep to your timeslot from your online booking and follow the instructions we send to make sure everyone can arrive safely
- Drop and Go is a free period of storage for your belongings. If you wish to move into your accommodation early, you’ll need to book early arrival by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, which is charged at a nightly rate
- You’ll get to keep your key after Drop and Go to make your arrival easier in September, please keep it safe and tell us straight away if you think you may have lost it. You will only have access to your room during your Drop and Go booking, we will then deactivate fob access to your accommodation until you check-in in September
- If you do need to access your belongings again before September then please arrange this with the accommodation team at email@example.com
- Please ensure you only store items in your bedroom, not in communal kitchens or bathrooms
- During the summer, while you’re not living with us, we will still need access to your room for compliance and security checks. When you move items in please make sure your room is still easily accessible and free of obstructions. We will monitor this access to your room and keep accurate records but until you check in for your main arrival you won't receive notifications of when we need to access your room
What to Bring for Drop and Go
We have an article on what things you can pack up now and bring to your accommodation before you move in in September.
Your period of residence is covered by contents insurance from Endsleigh. You can see what's covered and personalise your cover for any additions items. Contents insurance from Endsleigh also includes the Drop and Go period.
Bringing a bike to university? You can bring this with you in Drop and Go but we recommend you store it safely in your bedroom while you won’t be here to use it. Make sure you keep all exits clear and don’t keep your bike in the corridors or communal spaces.
Changing your Contract
For this academic year we have a number of flexible packages for accommodation.
If you switch from one package to another and have already moved your items in through Drop and Go, we’ll be in touch if your room allocation needs to change.
- Read Next
- Endsleigh Prize Draw- confirm your cover to enter Learning virtually from home at uni Drop and Go information All the arrivals info you need to know Your new household in halls of residence Contents Insurance What to bring to uni for your drop and go slot Accommodation questions answered Self-Isolation and Quarantine Quarantine in Accommodation
- What to Expect When You Arrive What to Expect When You Arrive - The Village What to expect when you arrive - The City Join Your Hall Facebook Group! How to...Top-up and use your laundry card The University Shuttle Bus - 2020/21 Passes Follow us on social media! About Your Hall Support in Halls About Your Hall: Digby