Time to visit the library?
The Library covers 9,161 square metres over four floors with 1375 study places, including 200 workstations. It has over 500,000 books; 90,000 bound serials and access to approximately 30,000 e- journals. Its has 87 members of staff; 55 full-time equivalents (32 full-time; 55 part-time).
Other "fun facts" about the Library
- The most borrowed book is a copy of "Modern banking theory and practice" by Shelagh Hefferman, which has been borrowed over 2600 times
- Since 2003 the number of e-journals available has increased by over 500% (3754 in 2003 and 30,00 in 2013)
Loughborough's Library has wide range of different learning spaces. You can decide what type of study area is best for you:
- If you want quiet study and group study, go to Levels 1 and 2. You can also have drinks on these floors but food is not allowed
- If you want quiet study and group study, with food, go to Level 4 (food is not allowed in Level 4 silent study area)
- If you want silent study, there is an area specifically for this purpose on Level 4. Food is not allowed
- If you want group study where you can eat and drink, Level 3 is ideal
- Group study facilities are available on all four Levels
Check the current library opening times before setting off for a study session: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/library/about/opening/
- Read Next
- Blog: Tips and tricks to study effectively Laundrette facilites available on campus Got a parcel to collect? Finding your way around campus… In case you need to contact... Loughborough hacks you NEED to know Things to do (and not do) before an exam Bus service on campus… There's an app for that! Do I need insurance for the belongings in my room? Looking for a house next year? Head over to the Housing Bazaar! Looking for a house to live in next year? The National Student Survey 2018
- Looking for a house next year? Head over to the Housing Bazaar! Things to do (and not do) before an exam Finding your way around campus… Life as a Loughborough student Kerry's fruit and veg on campus!