Time to visit the library?
The Library covers 9,161 square metres over four floors with 1375 study places, including 200 workstations. It has over 500,000 books; 90,000 bound serials and access to approximately 30,000 e- journals. Its has 87 members of staff; 55 full-time equivalents (32 full-time; 55 part-time).
Other "fun facts" about the Library
- The most borrowed book is a copy of "Modern banking theory and practice" by Shelagh Hefferman, which has been borrowed over 2600 times
- Since 2003 the number of e-journals available has increased by over 500% (3754 in 2003 and 30,00 in 2013)
Loughborough's Library has wide range of different learning spaces. You can decide what type of study area is best for you:
- If you want quiet study and group study, go to Levels 1 and 2. You can also have drinks on these floors but food is not allowed
- If you want quiet study and group study, with food, go to Level 4 (food is not allowed in Level 4 silent study area)
- If you want silent study, there is an area specifically for this purpose on Level 4. Food is not allowed
- If you want group study where you can eat and drink, Level 3 is ideal
- Group study facilities are available on all four Levels
Check the current library opening times before setting off for a study session: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/library/about/opening/
- Read Next
- Blog: Tips and tricks to study effectively In case you need to contact... Laundrette facilites available on campus Got a parcel to collect? Loughborough hacks you NEED to know Things to do (and not do) before an exam BLOG: How to survive exam season! There's an app for that! Bus service on campus… Do I need insurance for the belongings in my room? Looking for a house to live in next year? Summer Careers Fair 2018 The National Student Survey 2018
- Loughborough hacks you NEED to know Graduation at Loughborough! Have your cake and eat it! Looking for a house to live in next year? Your new Exec!