Time to visit the library?
The Library covers 9,161 square metres over four floors with 1375 study places, including 200 workstations. It has over 500,000 books; 90,000 bound serials and access to approximately 30,000 e- journals. Its has 87 members of staff; 55 full-time equivalents (32 full-time; 55 part-time).
Other "fun facts" about the Library
- The most borrowed book is a copy of "Modern banking theory and practice" by Shelagh Hefferman, which has been borrowed over 2600 times
- Since 2003 the number of e-journals available has increased by over 500% (3754 in 2003 and 30,00 in 2013)
Loughborough's Library has wide range of different learning spaces. You can decide what type of study area is best for you:
- If you want quiet study and group study, go to Levels 1 and 2. You can also have drinks on these floors but food is not allowed
- If you want quiet study and group study, with food, go to Level 4 (food is not allowed in Level 4 silent study area)
- If you want silent study, there is an area specifically for this purpose on Level 4. Food is not allowed
- If you want group study where you can eat and drink, Level 3 is ideal
- Group study facilities are available on all four Levels
Check the current library opening times before setting off for a study session: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/library/about/opening/
- Read Next
- Blog: Tips and tricks to study effectively Got a parcel to collect? In case you need to contact... Things to do (and not do) before an exam Loughborough hacks you NEED to know Bus service on campus… There's an app for that! Do I need insurance for the belongings in my room? Your guide to Loughborough New Hall Development - Student Village Project Graduation at Loughborough! 12 stages all students go through during exams
- Loughborough hacks you NEED to know Life as a Loughborough student British Heart Foundation: The Big Clear Out! Graduation at Loughborough! Lost your Student ID card?