Who doesn’t love a good hack to make life just that little bit easier?
Here are my top tips for you to make the most of your time at Loughborough University:
- Did you know that you don’t need to get a £10 taxi to the train station? The Sprint bus to town will take you right there for a mere £2, saving you that extra bit of money!
- You don’t have to be a resident of a catered hall to eat in a catered cafeteria, on days you’re running late to lectures and don’t have time to slave over the hob, you can grab your lunch at your local catered hall.
- Don’t worry if you’re not one to work alone in your room, you can really make good use of the library; it’s open every day 8:30am-2am and open 24 hours in exam season! That’s a lot of hours for you to procrastinate.
- Like to party? The Platinum card covers your whole year’s clubbing needs with free entry AND queue jump to every SU night (yes that’s Stupid Tuesday, Hey Ewe as well as our beloved FND) for £149, not to mention some other treats such as bring a friend for free nights and discounted drinks deals! 3 Jagerbombs for £5? Don’t mind if I do!
- Feeling hungry after a night out? Don’t worry, Papa Si’s is open until 4am every night of the week ready to fill that empty stomach of yours with a kebab or a pizza after a night of partying just a little bit too hard.
- When the work starts piling up and group coursework projects spring to life, you can easily book a group a study room in the library via the Loughborough Library website. Just make sure to do this a few days in advance! The rooms are usually in high demand.
- Want to get active? With FREE sporting activities nearly every day of the week, My Lifestyle offers a wide range of sports and is the perfect opportunity to kick-start your healthy lifestyle. Here is a timetable of the weekly events - any take your fancy?
- If you want to take it one step further, you can book your own sporting courts for you and your mates via the Loughborough Sport app, available now on Apple and Google Play!