Heart 2 Heart - help save a life!
Heart 2 Heart - 14th February, 8am–8pm
Do something amazing and be a Loughborough lifesaver. Be one of a target 1,300 people trained in CPR over the course of just one day.
Only 8% of patients survive a cardiac arrest in England and less than half of adults feel able to intervene when they witness someone collapse, partly due to lack of confidence and training. Heart 2 Heart is a collaborative event between Loughborough University, Loughborough Students’ Union and the British Heart Foundation, which hopes to address these issues and increase cardiac arrest survival rates.
We are aiming to train or provide refresher training in CPR for 1,300 individuals in order to give them the confidence to perform this life saving technique should an emergency situation arise.
The event is open to all (regardless of any prior First Aid training that you may have completed) because refreshing your memory of what to do in an emergency whilst awaiting an ambulance is just as important as learning the technique in the first place.
What does the training involve?
The process for the training is simple and will take around 30 minutes. There is no need to sign up in advance of the day, please head straight to the location most convenient for you, and the staff there will register you onto the next available slot.
Students should register upon arrival to enable your hall to earn points towards the Hall of the Year competition!
When you arrive, you will be asked to watch a short instructional film which demonstrates CPR before being given an opportunity to practice on a mannequin. Each pod will be staffed by a certified first aider; they will be on hand to answer any additional questions that you may have, as well as to support you in developing the correct technique.
CPR Training locations
Pods that run every hour, on the hour
- Room One (Loughborough Students’ Union)
- Village Bar
Pods that run every hour, on the half hour
- Council Chamber (Hazlerigg Building)
- Butler Common Room
- New Victory Hall (final session at 4.30pm)
- West Park Teaching Hub (from 5.30pm)
Find out more information here
- Read Next
- Loughborough hacks you NEED to know Kerry's fruit and veg on campus! Do I need insurance for the belongings in my room? Blog: Tips and tricks to study effectively New Hall Development - Student Village Project Got a parcel to collect? In case you need to contact... Laundrette facilites available on campus Things to do (and not do) before an exam BLOG: How to survive exam season! Your guide to Loughborough
- Graduation at Loughborough! New Hall Development - Student Village Project BLOG: I tried being vegetarian for a week... SPORT FACILITIES MAP Have your cake and eat it!