Student Advice and Support Service
The Loughborough Student Advice and Support Service holds an Advice Quality Standard (AQS); the quality mark for organisations that provide advice to a specific group of people on social welfare issues. For us this includes housing law, contract law, immigration, and money advice including student finance & debt. We are able to advise students, prospective students, and recent graduates of the University.
- Budgeting- If you can't work out where all your money goes and how to make ends meet we can help.
- Student finance problems- we deal with these issues all the time and understand the regulations. We also have a phone in our waiting room that you can use if you would prefer to sort the problem out yourself.
- Debts- we can help you negotiate payments with creditors.
- Welfare benefits- we can help you establish if you are entitled to benefits while studying and assist with applications.
- Hardship- if you are in financial difficulty come and speak to an adviser as we may be able to direct you to a hardship fund to help (subject to your individual circumstances)
- Credit, banking and anything else- if you are having difficulties with any financial matter come and speak to us for advice.
Renting in the private sector
- Contract Checking (the unbiased view): They will answer any questions you have and help you understand your rights and responsibilities when renting.
- How to extend your visa
- How to register with the Police
- How to bring your family to join you
- How to rent a private house
- How to access the health service
- How to mange your money
- How to resolve problems with faulty goods/services
The Student Advice and Support Service helps with a range of issues, not just limited to finance, housing and immigration.
For more information visit the student advice and support service website: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/sass/
You can contact them on:
Telephone: 01509 222058