It's great when the sun finally comes out and we have free time or a day off work to enjoy it but what about if you're a bit tight on cash
That's exactly why we decided to give you some ideas about completely free things you can do this summer. This means no matter you or your bestie's budget, everyone is happy!
- Sunbathe in the park: If you're a sun worshipper then no doubt you'll be in your element. Grab your Bluetooth speaker, ask everyone in the WhatsApp group to join you and top up your tan. Don't forget to apply sun lotion regularly though because you'll burn easier than you think.
- Organise a group game: Are you into basketball or are you more a football kind of person? Getting a few people together for these wouldn't be difficult, especially when the sun is out. If there is a few of you looking for plans, plan an epic rounders game for a good laugh.
- Go on a hike: Just because the sun is out, doesn't mean you have to lounge around. Time to get yourself hiking! It's great exercise, a good chance to get some Instagram-worthy pictures and you get a nice bit of peace and quiet. Comfortable shoes are a MUST though.
- Check out a museum: If you're not the biggest fan of the sun then you might be better suited to something indoors. Most museums are free and really cool too. It's a pretty laid back and chilled day and sometimes, that's exactly what you need.
- Head to a carnival: Whether it's Notting Hill (easily the best free carnival in London) or the West Indian Carnival in Leeds, you can find something all over the country. You'll see some great outfits, listen to amazing music, have fun with your friends and it won't cost a penny - what's not to love?
- Keep your eyes peeled: Look on websites like Eventbrite and Skiddle for all the best events happening in your area (or further if you want to travel). You will be spoilt for choice!