Don't lose any information - back up your Google data!
Did you ever…
- Use your Loughborough credentials to store files in your Google Drive, or keep your contacts in one place?
- Store your memories (and those key selfies of you with…) in Google Photos?
- Bookmark important web pages in Google, or use Google Groups?
Answered YES to one or more of these questions? Then it is TIME TO BACKUP your Google data.
As you are aware, any student with a University Gmail account has already had their email upgraded to Microsoft Office 365 Outlook in September. Email is now accessible using webmail, or the Outlook app.
The time is fast approaching when access to all other Google services will be removed for students. The deadline to backup your data, or transfer those things you want to keep, is November 30th 2017, with access to services being removed on December 1st 2017.
It is a straightforward process, and shouldn’t take much time, depending on how much data you have stored in Google. There are several ways you can get help:
- For those of you who want to try it yourself, there is plenty of information and full instructions available on the Returners pages of the IT Services website: www.lboro.ac.uk/it/returners
- For those who need a little more help, there will be drop in sessions around campus between now and the end of November. Watch for announcements of times and dates in the ITS announcements, and also on our Twitter and Facebook pages
Anyone who needs additional help, can visit the PC Clinic during open hours for one-on-one support.
If you have questions, you can also contact the IT Service Desk via email at IT.Services@lboro.ac.uk, or by phone at 01509-222333
- Read Next
- New Year's Resolutions Do I need insurance for the belongings in my room? Loughborough hacks you NEED to know Thinking about Returning to Halls? Time to visit the library? Keep Calm Week Exam Study Locations Things to do (and not do) before an exam Struggling during exam period? There's an app for that! In case you need to contact...
- Thinking about Returning to Halls? Loughborough hacks you NEED to know Struggling during exam period? Things to do (and not do) before an exam Your parcel could be waiting for you!