The Big Clear Out! When students move out of halls a lot of additional waste is generated, therefore we have teamed up with the British Heart Foundation (BHF) and other local charities to enable students to donate their unwanted items instead of sending them to landfill.
All the money raised by the charities will help to fund activities such as the BHF life-saving research into heart disease. Please donate your unwanted items to the following locations:
What to donate and where on campus:
- All books should be taken to the library reception
- Crockery, pans and cutlery should be taken to the dining hall (if in Falkner Eggington these can be taken to the common room)
- Dry, unopened food should be taken to common rooms
- Duvets and pillows should also be taken to common rooms
- Clothes, CDs, DVDs, and general bric-a-brac can all be donated to the British Heart Foundation.
Donation boxes can be found at hall receptions and/or common rooms.
In previous years, the University has contributed unwanted items worth around £60,000 to the British Heart Foundation, diverting them from landfill!
Please recycle all other waste and dispose of unwanted perishable food in food caddies if you have one in your kitchen.
If you have any questions regarding your departure, please contact your hall reception. Have a great summer!