Here at the SU, we are dedicated to making your student experience better.
We are a group of elected students who arrange/run events, provide advice and support services and work hard to support you throughout your time at Heriot-Watt. As well as all of this, on-site you'll find the Student Shop for all your essentials, Geordies bar for a pint after uni and Liberty's restaurant for that pre-lecture breakfast.
Did you know...
- Every single student at Heriot-Watt is a member of the Student Union.
- We've hosted loads of famous faces and events, including Hodor from Game of Thrones, Frankie Boyle, and Hot Dub Time Machine.
- The Student Union shop is the largest seller of Ginster's sandwiches in the UK!
- The Union used to be opposite the Usher Hall and Lyceum Theatre on Grindlay Street which is now a Chinese restaurant.
- We're not just sandwiches and cheap pints. We look after over 60 societies, host events throughout the year, run the Advice Hub, provide you with academic representation, and always strive for a better student experience.