Your moving out checklist
Believe it or not, it's only a few weeks until you'll be leaving Heriot-Watt for the summer!
If you're living in accommodation, now is the time to start thinking about moving out so there's less to do and think about later.
Luckily for you, we have a put together a handy list to check...
- Check all items listed in the room inventory are in your bedroom. Report any repairs to your housekeeper NOW to avoid any charges.
- Remember to give your bank, mobile provider etc your new address and let your GP know too.
- Make sure if you require storage facilities, to organise it ASAP. We don't provide luggage room facilities but external companies do. You'll find a list of these at entrances to each hall.
- Come up with a cleaning rota with your flatmates. Some might leave earlier so it's important everyone does their bit and it's not left to one person!
- Give your room a good clean and it's important to clear the fridge/cupboards of any food. Remember, many non-perishables can be donated!
Finally, return your key or card to the Accommodation office. If you're doing this out of hours, place your key/card into an envelope with your building and room number and hand it to main reception.
Leaving before the end of your contract?
You will need to tell the Student Accommodation team and your Hall Warden what date you will be leaving your accommodation.
It would be amazing if you could consider donating the stuff you do not need. Our chaplaincy can accept these donations and give it for free next year to new students! Not sure what you can donate? Take a look!
- Read Next
- House hunting: The basics House hunting: What are your options? Moving back to uni: Expectations vs. reality Get to know: Edinburgh Campus Don't forget to register with a GP
- FREE Pizza & Amazon Vouchers! 5 things to do in Edinburgh during January Accommodation Fair 2019 Scottish Borders: Interested in staying in halls next year? Get Fit: Running Routes on Campus