Confused with the bins in your kitchen? Don't worry, we're here to help!
What can I put in the Mixed Recycling?
This is a dry mixed recycling bin, which means you don't need to peel the label off your tomato soup tin. All you need to do is make sure that your containers are rinsed and free of food contamination.
Papers, cans, cardboard and plastic containers (rinsed)
- Dirty containers with food/food residue (e.g. greasy pizza box)
- Glass, plastic bag, electrical items, crisp and sweets wrapper, food and liquid.
- Black bin bag
What about my glass bin?
- Any colours of glass bottles and jars (rinsed)
- Dirty bottles and jars contaminated with food / food residue
- Metals, cans, plastic bags, electrical items, food, crisps and sweets wrapper.
- Crockery! (e.g. drinking glasses, plates)
What goes in the general bin?
- Anything you can't recycle
- Recyclable items
- Electrical items, batteries, liquid
For more detail information on campus recycling, please check 'What goes where' guide.