Need to talk? The Big White Wall can help
What's the Big White Wall?
Heriot-Watt works with Big White Wall, a safe online community of people who are anxious, down or not coping, who support and help each other by sharing what's troubling them, guided by trained professionals.
Available 24/7, Big White Wall is completely anonymous so you can express yourself freely and openly. Professionally trained Wall Guides ensure the safety and anonymity of all members. The Big White Wall is a place where you can:
- Express yourself freely and openly and get the support you need
- Talk to a Wall Guide about finding the right help
- Connect with other Big White Wall members who feel like you so you can support each other
How do I sign up?
Just sign up online with your uni email address and explore the range of support on offer. You can talk about whatever is troubling you confidentially with an around the clock counsellor.
If you'd prefer to seek help face to face, remember our Wellbeing Services can offer advice and counselling too.
- Read Next
- Edinburgh Campus: 27/03 Newsletter Self-isolation: Apps to pass the time New opening hours for ResLife Time to spare inside? Here are 5 ideas to keep you busy indoors! Staying Indoors? Helpful wellbeing ideas! Current Student Resident? Latest FAQ's! Last updated 25/03/2020 at 13:07 A Student Survival Guide To Self-Isolation Suspended face to face teaching from Wednesday 18 March How the new Government Guidelines on COVID-19 applies to you Look after your immune system with our Top Tips!
- THE checklist for leaving halls Moving Out of halls: What should I do with all my stuff? How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Judie's Top 5 Places to Eat in Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Suspended face to face teaching from Wednesday 18 March Wellbeing Activities Semester 2 Social Thursday The events to check out in Edinburgh this October