Get Sporty at the Oriam
Being a Heriot-Watt has plenty of perks, and having Scotland's Sports Performace Centre, Oriam on campus is definitely one!
Whether you're an aspiring athlete or just want to stay fit and healthy whilst studying at Heriot-Watt, the Oriam is available to all fitness levels.
What do they have?
What don't they have?! The Oriam is equipped with...an outdoor synthetic pitch; five outdoor natural football and two rugby pitches; twelve court sports hall; a full size indoor 3G pitch; a cafe and a fitness suite, and world-class facilities for sports science and medicine including a hydrotherapy facility.
The state of the art gym is fully equipped with everything you would need for a full body workout as well as group exercise rooms (they have over 80 classes a week!)
Can I join?
Of course! If you're a Heriot-Watt student, you'll benefit from:
- No joining fee
- Unlimited access to our fitness suites designed with the very latest equipment
- Access to over 80 exercise classes per week
- Bookable squash, badminton and basketball courts
- Over 30 sports clubs to choose from (join for an additional fee)
Did you know? Oriam is the performance base for both the Scottish FA and Scottish Rugby Union, as well as the sportscotland institute of sport (East), Basketball Scotland, Scottish Handball, Scottish Squash & Racketball and Scottish Volleyball.
- Read Next
- Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Looking after your spiritual wellbeing Apps to make your life at Heriot Watt simple Get to know: Edinburgh Campus
- Heriot Watt through the lens... Get Fit: Running Routes on Campus What's happening this March in Edinburgh? Food shopping tips to save you money this Spring Keeping Your Accommodation Clean - Our Top Tips!