All the uni supplies you NEED
Your first task when you arrive at uni is unpacking...
And if you don't have everything you need, it's only going to make life much more difficult.
Here's a list of everything you need:
- Duvet, duvet covers
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Bed sheets, mattress cover
- Bring spares!
- Comfortable clothing for lectures or just lounging around, e.g. the three J’s: jumpers, jeans, joggers.
- A selection of clothes suitable for different weather conditions
- Fancier outfits that you may wear out for an event
- Pyjamas/dressing gown
- Wash bag, especially if you’re sharing a bathroom
- Soap/shower gel
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Razors/shaving foam
- Bedroom lamp
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Food (bring some essentials for the first few days)
- Towels (hand and body)
- Toilet roll/toilet brush
- Toilet bleach/antibacterial spray
- Laundry basket
Now that you've got a list of things you need to buy to make your new flat a functional home, it's time to get packing...
Don't forget that you can print this out or screenshot it to use it as a shopping list!
- Read Next
- Time to start getting ready for uni! How I funded my summer... How to make your second year house safe Have you sorted your bills for next year? What you'll miss about university over summer... When home doesn't feel like home anymore... #WeAreInternational: What to bring with you to Heriot Watt Download the SafeZone App Sharon's blog: Life in the UK vs. China Jean Muir: Mailboxes Collection Problem in halls? Let us know!
- What's already provided in my halls? Edinburgh Food Festival 2019 All the uni supplies you NEED Get Fit: Running Routes on Campus House hunting: The basics