8 ways to cure Freshers' Flu!
We hope you enjoyed our Welcome Week!
It's always lots of fun! Until the flu that is...
You've probably realised by now that it's pretty hard to avoid. If you follow these steps, you'll be back to your usual self in no time.
Here's our advice:
- Healthy, balanced diet: Make an effort to cook with and eat plenty of fruit and veg. You'll feel the effects in no time.
- Soup: Ok, we know this is your Gran's typical answer to everything, but if you’re feeling a little off then a warm bowl of soup will do just the trick.
- Water: Aim to drink 2 litres of water through the day, after a night out and on a night out to keep hydrated and energised.
- Sleep: Getting in at 5am after a heavy night and rocking up to lectures at 9am can make you feel run down, so get in bed and get Netflix on.
- Berocca: Orangey goodness in a glass. Get those vitamins dissolved and start the day right.
- Keep everything clean: Having your room resemble a dungeon is not going to make you feel fresh and raring to go at all. Cleaning regularly will really help.
- Exercise: Staying in bed feeling sorry for yourself isn't any good. Pick yourself up and go for a jog, a swim or a long walk.
- Shower: Make it your to-do thing to get yourself out of bed in the morning. Don't skip washing your face because you don't want the flu AND spots!
Have you register with your local GP? Trust us, this will make a lot easier.
P.S. Don't worry, it won't last forever!
- Read Next
- What's Browzer? Download the SafeZone App Jean Muir: Mailboxes Collection Problem in halls? Let us know! Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student 6 student-friendly vegetarian recipes Your Res Life Team
- 5 things to do in Edinburgh during January Accommodation Fair 2019 Get Fit: Running Routes on Campus Edinburgh's Chinese New Year concert Scottish Borders: Interested in staying in halls next year?