World Cup Fever: Are you up to date?
If you haven't' been watching the World Cup, where have you been?!
This year the tournament has been nothing less than jaw-dropping with many of the favourites already sent home.
Let's take a look at some of the highlights (and lowlights) of the competition so far...
It's the first time this technology has been used in such a major tournament and we've been entertained with some very theatrical falls, angered by some dubious decisions and downright shocked by players behaviour on the pitch.
Here are just a couple we've witnessed thanks to the new tech...
- In the last round, we saw Columbia resort to dirty tactics as players scuffed up the penalty spot to sabotage Harry Kane's shot (Kane slotted it into the back of the net anyway.)
- The controversial decision made when Harry Kane was rugby tackled in the penalty area during England's game versus Tunisia wasn't given (we still won though.)
- But, a highlight has to be Neymar's award-winning performance against Mexico. And we're not talking goals...He's spent 14 minutes of the tournament rolling on the floor already...
Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio!
Reigning champions Germany are back home after a thrilling game versus South Korea meant they were knocked out of the tournament after losing 2 of their 3 games.
Who else has gone?
- Spain said goodbye to their World Cup hopes when Russia finished them off during a tense penalty shootout.
- Portugal's shock exit against Uraguay means we won't be seeing any more of Ronaldo's deadly free-kicks.
- And Argentina were sent home by a determined French team- they're definitely one to watch!
Feeling the love
It's not all doom and gloom though! After a nail-biting battle between Japan and Belgium, Japan were knocked out by a stoppage-time goal. Ouch.
However, this didn't stop the Japanese team tidying up their changing room and leaving a heart-warming thank you note to this year's hosts, in Russian!
England WIN penalty shootout
Yes, it's not a dream. England have progressed to the Quarter Finals of the World Cup and the country can't believe it. Not only that, they beat Columbia 4-3 on penalties to do it! That's the FIRST time in a World Cup England have won a penalty shootout, EVER.
So, get your flags out, paint your face and embrace the sun this weekend as England take on Sweden this Saturday at 3pm.
IT'S COMING HOME!