Who doesnt love pancakes?
If you don't, you are kinda in the wrong place!
These recipes are perfect all year round if you've got a few early starts that leave you struggling for some motivation and need a tasty pick me up.
Try these quick & easy recipes, and you'll be racing to the kitchen and raring to go:
Greek yogurt protein pancakes
Makes 1 large pancake:
- Combine 55g Greek yogurt (any flavour), 70g rolled oats, 1 egg, 1 egg white & 30ml vanilla extract in a mixing bowl
- Turn heat on stove to medium/low, then pour batter into non-stick pan and cook for 3-4mins
- Flip and cook for further 2 mins
- Remove from pan with fish slice then top with favourite ingredients - we recommend banana, peanut butter & syrup!
Gluten-free oatmeal cookie pancakes
Makes 5 pancakes:
- Stir together 140g oat flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 45g brown sugar, 3 tsp baking powder, 30g corn starch and 1/4 tsp salt
- Beat 1 egg with 2 tbsp veg oil, 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract - add to dry mixture, stirring well.
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS: whole oats, chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries or nuts
- Grease a frying pan and place on a medium heat
- Add 1/5 of mixture & fry for 3-4 mins, flip and cook for further 2 minutes - continue for all 5 pancakes - top as you wish
Makes 16 pancakes:
- Sift 150g plain flour, 30g cocoa powder, 12g baking powder & 60g caster sugar in a bowl
- Whisk 2 large eggs with 165ml semi-skimmed milk in a jug, then mix into dry ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 20 mins
- Heat frying pan over medium heat (brushed with oil), then drop batter onto base of pan in portion sizes
- Cook for 45 seconds (until bubbles appear on surface) then flip, repeat and remove onto plate. Repeat for each pancake
- Them stack 'em up! We'd recommend topping with double cream, chocolate drops and chocolate sauce!
Makes 16-dollar sized pancakes:
- Mix 1 tbsp baking power, 1 pinch salt, 1 tsp white sugar & 225g plain flour in a bowl, leaving a well for wet ingredients
- Beat 2 large eggs, 30g melted butter & 300ml milk. Pour into well and stir - then transfer into a jug
- Heat frying pan with small knob of butter on stove, then pour in mixture for 1 pancake (flip when upper side is bubbling - approx. 1 min) then repeat for further minute
- Remove and repeat for each pancake, then stack and serve as you wish! Crispy bacon and maple syrup should do the trick!