International students: Pre-arrivals checklist
Moving to a completely new country is not easy.
That is why we are helping to get to prepared for everything you need to know about being a student in the UK.
Make your way through our pre-arrivals checklist and get them ticked off before moving:
- Research Coventry and the university
Familiarise yourself with the area and things like laws and the culture we have here. You don't want any surprises!
- Photocopy your travel documents and passport and get travel insurance
Make sure you have copies of all your important documents in case anything gets lost (we hope it doesn't) and purchase travel insurance. This way, if anything does happen, you are covered.
- Make note of all your emergency numbers
Write down all key contact details, including your family members' AND the main contacts at the university in case anything happens or you have any urgent questions before or after you arrive in the UK.
- Find out where you will be living in the UK
Before you arrive in the UK, familiarise yourself with how to get to and from your accommodation. It will be one less stressful thing to think about once you arrive.
When you arrive, we advise that you do not carry large amounts of cash. You only need enough cash to cover your travel costs and do not forget that you can always use credit cards or prepaid travel cards for hotels and bus or train tickets. If you open a UK bank account when you arrive then you can withdraw money whenever you need.
For lots of other helpful tips for when you are out and about in Coventry, read our article on personal safety at Coventry University here.
See you soon!
- Read Next
- Have you set up a student bank account yet? Time to get vaccinated! Time to get your essentials! Enrolment: How to become a Coventry student What you'll miss about CU over summer... Before you move in... What you should and shouldn't pack for uni International students: What to bring to uni How to have the ULTIMATE British summer Moving into the community next year? 5 cycling routes you need to try this summer! How to give your flatmates major food envy...
- Enrolment: How to become a Coventry student Moving in: What to do once you've settled... International students: What to bring to uni What you should and shouldn't pack for uni Before you move in...