#DontBeDaft: River Safety Series
River Sherbourne runs through Coventry so if you often stumble the town on a night out, listen up...
Seen as you'll live close to town or pass through on a regular basis, it's important that you take care and don't do something you'll regret!
The Royal Lifesaving Society launched the #DontDrinkandDrown campaign to make people aware of the importance of river safety.
Watch this video showing the effects that alcohol has on your body...
Did you know?
- Excessive alcohol lowers your inhibitions which leads to having an impaired judgment. This can lead to you feeling that you can take more risks leading to scary consequences.
- It also limits your muscle ability and slows down your reactions to things around you meaning that you can struggle to make the simplest of movements.
- A quarter of all adult downing victims have been found to have alcohol in their bloodstream - we're not saying that you should never drink, just advising that take it easy and stay away from water.
Just don't be daft, it isn't worth it!
- Read Next
- Reslife Recommends: Repetitive Beats, Flow States and Productivity. Self-isolation: A student guide You Said... We Did House V's Halls How to access Wi-fi, report issues and respect your building How to Self-Care World Mental Health Day 2019: What Can We Do to Tackle the Stigma? How to Apply for Accommodation (Chinese students) Help the Climate - Join the Student Switch Off! Fancy not cooking Monday-Friday?
- Protect your valuables and get insured! Student Accommodation at Coventry University Your rent FAQs answered! House V's Halls How to access Wi-fi, report issues and respect your building How to check out of your halls How to use Parish Rooms appliances Sport in Coventry Your Residence Life Coordinator Your campus facilities!