CU Students' Union: Get stuck in!
Getting involved in the Students' Union can have some amazing benefits, and you'll learn some amazing things along the way.
Not only will you meet loads of new friends with similar interests, but you'll have the opportunity to improve the University too.
How can you do this? You can become a Student Warden!
What's a Student Warden?
Student Wardens are students just like you who represent and listen to those who live in halls and aim to represent all things student-life related, including:
- Safety - their number one priority
- Community - you're all one big family and in it together, remember
- Rubbish and recycling - look after the Earth, folks
- Repairs - duct tape can't fix everything...
- Campaigns - promoting events so you can have a whale of a time
How do they do all this?
Get scrolling on social media to see what's going on, or pop down to a meeting in your halls. They are always up to something, and there are plenty of opportunities to find out more via:
Wait - what exactly do they do?
Firstly, they are here for you because they are on the same bumpy boat as you. They listen to what you have to say and share your problems, ideas, and concerns at meetings to work together to come up with the best solution to improve your student experience. It's all reported back to the University and FutureLets who support students to make improvements.
Well, what kind of improvements?
All sorts. If it can be improved, well, it shall be improved!
- Combined campaigns with other halls and community wardens
- Events in the community
- Recycling activities
- Safety events with the police and fire brigade
- Voter registration
- Promote CUSU events/activities/campaigns
What skills do they gain?
There are so many new things to learn once you put on the jacket and become a Student Warden. Not only will you impress yourself with what you can achieve, but your peers too:
- Team working
- Event planning
- Report writing
Sign me up! How can I get involved?
To join, contact CUSU at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 02477655289!
Don't be shy, you can learn some amazing skills on your journey as a Student Warden; it can really beef up your CV too!
- Read Next
- BLOG: Why I joined a society Need support with your studies? House V's Halls Stay updated & get involved! Your campus facilities! If you were a dog, which would you be?
- 10 of the BEST things to do in Coventry Need something fixing in your accommodation? Your rent FAQs answered! Careers Cafe House V's Halls