Your first round of housekeeping inspections are coming up and we want to help you avoid those fines.
Here are our top tips for a tip-top room (straight from the team at Campus Residences)
- We want you to personalise your room and make it feel homely, but no large items are to be blocking your window e.g flags, clothes/bedclothes or towels drying.
- Hoover your room and the area outside of your room.
- Ensure your room is clean and tidy. Pick up those clothes!
- Do not hang any pictures or photos on the walls.
This includes the use of nails, blu tack, sellotape and staplers.
- No bicycles or trolleys are to be stored in your room or apartment. We have bike sheds and lockups for this.
- Shower, sink area and toilet must be clean and white (including under the water line).
Bleach or product for limescale should be used to remove water stains.
- Cleaning product should be used on all toilet areas, (seat, lid, bowl etc).
- Bathroom floor tiles/lino to be scrubbed with a bleach or bathroom cleaning product using a scrubbing brush.
- Kitchen tiles/lino to be washed, carpet vacuumed and cooker (to include grill/oven and grill tray) to be cleaned.
- Clean your microwave & fridge and defrost your freezer.
- Sink area & countertops to be wiped over and cleaned.
- Remove all rubbish from your rubbish bin.
Follow these steps to ensure you keep your valuable cash for yourself. Fines range from €5 to €20 per offence. Better in your pocket than ours!!
Dates for inspections:
Wednesday 18th October: Hampstead Houses 6-10
Purcell House / O’ Donnell House, All Hallows Campus
Hampstead Houses 1-5
Thursday 19th October: College Park Houses 11/12/13 /16
Friday 20th October: College Park Houses 17/18/19
Monday 23rd October: Larkfield Apartments
Tuesday 24th October: St Patrick’s College Residences
Tuesday 31st October: Postgraduate Apartments Block A / Block B