There is a list of unspoken rules between best friends...
Things that you can do to each other that just would not be ok with anyone else. And things that you tolerate, that you certainly wouldn't with someone else!
- Them insulting you and you insulting them back
There's no malice behind your insults - you are just showing how much you love each other every time you laugh at their mistakes.
- Talking badly about your ex
“...But we’re still friends!” “Yeah, but he/she was horrible.”
- Borrowing small amounts of money every now and again, and food, and clothes...
We are pretty generous, aren't we?
- Teasing you about your crush
The nudging whenever they walk in the room, the taunt about you sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G, nothing will stop the teasing.
- Laughing about how you both looked in the horrible first few years of secondary school.
You know the drill - old pictures surface, they've been digging through Facebook and found the 'I-am-so-cool' year 7, big backpack and small tie pictures.
- Asking insanely stupid questions
"Chemistry's the one with shapes, right?"
- Pushing you into crazy drinking games
Being on the recieving end of "I like to drink with... because... is our mate" is never fun but we always do it - why?
- Telling you about their personal lives in way too much detail
To be honest, we don't want to know about your latest intimate moment with your last Tinder date. But we'll let you tell us anyway...
- Fancying your sibling.
The staring, the giggling, the awkward "hi" - either way, at least one of your friends fall for them, and their flirting attempts make you cringe...
- Buying ridiculous presents for your birthday because of how many in-jokes you share
"Aww, you shouldn't have!" Then you open the gift "Wow... you really shouldn't have. I don't know what I'll do with this life-size cutout of Harry Styles."